A study permit is a legal document from the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) which authorizes an international student to study in Canada for a limited time at designated learning institutions (DLI).To be eligible to apply for a study permit in Canada you will need:

  • A letter of acceptance from a designated learning institute (DLI)
  • A Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
  • To take a medical exam
  • To prove that you will leave the country when your study permit expires.

To prove that you have sufficient funds to pay for tuition fees, living expenses and return transparent

An immigration consultant in Vancouver British Colombia will be able to assist you for the procurement of your PCC and medical exam and will advice you on how to submit your proof of funds. Your study permit is not a visa. You may also need a temporary visitor visa (TRV) or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). Hiring a Visa Consultant in Vancouver BC will help you through the process of applying for TRV or eTA and submitting all the required documents. A study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days.

While pursuing your studies, you can also opt to work as a student. The different options for you to work while studying in Canada are:

  • On Campus : You can work for up to 20 hours per week on campus without a work permit, but you are required to have your Social Insurance Number (SIN).
  • Off Campus : To work off campus you are required to apply for an open work permit. You can work for 20 hours per week as part time or during your semester breaks you can work full time for 37.5 hours per week with any employer.
  • Co-op/Internship : If your study program requires you to do an internship, you will need to apply for a co-op work permit. However, this will restrict you from working at any other place apart from what is required as part of your curriculum.
  • Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP): You can apply for a PGWP once you have completed your course in Canada. This is an open work permit which allows you to work full time with any employer. The validity of the permit depends on the duration of the course you have completed.

At Novus Canada, an immigration consultant Vancouver BC, we have expert staff that can take you through the process and answer all your queries. We are one of the few Visa Consultant in Vancouver BC who have RCIC accredited immigration lawyers who look into every client’s file and will assist and advice you throughout.

Immigration Consultants in Vancouver