A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is also known as a visitor visa. It is an official document issued by the Canadian visa office which is placed in your passport to display that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker). A TRV must be acquired before you reach Canada. It is always advisable to seek help from a Visa Immigration Consulting Company like Novus Canada, so that our immigration agency will guide you throughout the process.

Individuals who would like to visit Canada for a holiday, or to visit their family, or to organize a business (Work PermitService) should apply for a TRV before they arrive in Canada. The TRV comes with certain restrictions which are subject to various conditions. Canadian citizens or permanent residents are not required to get a TRV to enter or re-enter Canada. To know more about who requires a TRV and who doesn’t, visit the best immigration consultants in Vancouver.


You need to carry out certain conditions to get a TRV when you apply to the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Some of them are listed below:

  • You will have to prove that you will depart from the country after your visit.
  • You must prove that you have adequate funds to maintain yourself and any accompanying family members.
  • You must be in good health and be willing to conduct a medical exam when required.
  • You must not have any criminal record and should be willing to get a police verification done. You must not be involved in any kind of work or study in Canada, unless authorized to do so.
  • You must be able to provide all supporting documents at the request of the visa officer when required.

The requirement for a TRV is also applicable to passing residents who are transiting in Canada. This depends upon your country of residence. If you do not need a visa to enter Canada, it is necessary to acquire an Electronic Travel Authorization (e TA). To find out if you need to need an Electronic Travel Authorization (e TA) or a visitor visa contact your nearest immigration agency Vancouver.


If you are from those countries which do not require a TRV to visit Canada, then it is necessary to get an Electronic Travel Authorization (e TA). You must check if you need an e TA before arriving to Canada and if you do, apply for one.

As per the new entry requirements, visa-exempt foreign nationals who come to Canada or transit through a Canadian airport, will need an e TA. Those who will not require an e TA are the U.S. citizens, Canadian citizens or permanent residents and people with a valid Canadian visa. Visa exempt travellers who are entering Canada via land or sea do not require an e TA

The fee for an e TA application is CAD $7, and as per the official website, most of the applications are approved within a few minutes of applying. You will have to submit the required documents prior to your application acceptance. If it is applicable, an email will be sent with instructions within 72 hours. To know more about the e TA application process, contact your nearest best immigration consultants in Vancouver. An e TA is generally for a period of five years or earlier if your passport expires. With a valid e TA you can travel to Canada as frequently as you want for short stays which is normally for a period of six months at a stretch.

Immigration Consultants in Vancouver